Our client, a leading international telecoms company, is looking for a Cisco Optical support engineer.
If you are interested please send your WORD format CV to email@example.com with your daily rate and availability.
Cisco Optical support engineer
Deliver Care Maintenance Services for customers world-wide. We provide Remote Technical Support for Multi-Technology and Multi-Vendor networks, using industrialized processes and tools. We thrive to deliver in the most cost competitive way, while ensuring high quality standards.
In this position, you will be responsible to investigate and resolve incidents on Cisco optical systems. To support our global customer base, Nokia is looking for a highly skilled Level 3 Customer Technical Support Engineer with 5 to 10+ years’ experience with the following skills/experience:
- Operation and maintenance on Cisco Optical nodes for Alarms, faults/abnormal conditions.
- Fault Diagnostics, Preventive Maintenance on Cisco Optical Nodes.
- Incident and Problem Management (3rd Level Support)
- Strong skills/experiences on Emergency Support and Node recovery
- Detailed advanced problem analysis and trouble shooting skills/experiences.
- Coordinating with other teams on planned events, planning and execution of network consolidation and upgrades.
- Analysis of log-files, traces, localization of data and code problems.
- Experiences on defining and applying workarounds.
- System backup/restore from backup files.
- Experience on patch loading.
- Understanding of complex inter-working scenarios.
- Ability to train other Optical team-members on Cisco Optical products.
- Regular on-call duty (24×7)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree B.E and B Tech in Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunications, IT, Computer Science).
- Experiences with Cisco Optical products, i.e. Cisco ONS product series.
- Certified on Cisco Services Optical Networking, like CPOOM.
- At least 5 years of Technical support experience and/or Installation and Verification node integration activities.
- Experience in SONET/SDH/DWDM network core elements.
- Database experience and scripting knowledge complementing your profile.
- We are looking for a strong team player for this position with good customer service attitude, approach and ability to efficiently solve complex problems.
- A candidate requires good analytical skills, good logical thinking ability and is highly motivated to constantly and efficiently adapt his knowledge in this fast-changing environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills in English (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel on occasional short trips.