Our client, a leading Belgian telecoms company, is looking for an experienced ETL developer to be part of their Enterprise Data Warehouse team.
The team is composed of 20-22 persons covering the ETL and Reporting parts of the BI projects. The resource will be responsible for the technical analysis, design, implementation and support of the ETL part of various projects and enhancements within the BI environment. Main components of the BI environment are Informatica Powercenter, Teradata and Hadoop.
If you are interested please send your CV (WORD) with daily rate and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract type: Freelance, long term.
- Be developing most of the time (Powercenter and Hadoop)
- Be able to understand the business requirements and propose a valid technical solution.
- Monitor and guarantee the continuity of the application in the QA and PROD-environment.
- Follow up and analyse incidents, identify the root cause, implement bug fixes and insure post-production support
- Optionally guide a junior/medior developer
Desired skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of general Data Warehouse and BI concepts
- Advanced knowledge data modelling
- Strong & proven experience with Informatica Powercenter (including version 10) in a large company setup (DEV, TST, QA, PROD servers).
- Strong & proven experience with big volumes processing and performance-tuning
- Profound knowledge of SQL (writing complex SQL/HQL queries)
- Advanced Knowledge of Linux kornshell programming
- Experience with Teradata SQL and Loading utilities
- Good understanding of the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Practical Experience with developments on hadoop is a big plus (Hive, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Python,…)
- Passionate about writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
- Experience with an agile way of working
- Team player and can work autonomous.
- Structured and strong analytical skills.
- Stress resistant and you can adjust easily to fast changing environments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are mandatory (English is mandatory, French or Dutch is a plus)