Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Long term contract
To apply please send your rate expectation and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a small team of Networking/IT experts responsible for the network monitoring layer of the company. Analyze, design, develop and maintain various front-end and backend Python applications that interact with the company telecom network or integrate existing commercial monitoring systems together.
Examples of typical Python applications include:
• Collecting, parsing and enriching network data then transferring it to the Business Intelligence team or loading it into various databases (e.g. Redis) and building real-time dashboards or alarming frontends.
• High-performance real-time distributed processing of network probing data feeds (20k+ records/sec) using packages like Twisted, gevent, ZeroMQ and Pypy.
The requested skills are:
• You’re an outstanding Python programmer, with 3+ years professional software development experience with Python.
• You have experience with the python packages mentioned in the job description.
• You are always looking for innovative open source packages and how to apply them to the challenges you face at work, e.g. monitoring tools, time series databases, dashboarding frameworks, etc.
• Experience with large scale distributed time-critical applications is a plus: design the most appropriate architecture, find performance bottlenecks by profiling, etc.
• You are “Best Practices”-minded: PEP8, automated deployment (Ansible), unit testing, agile development practices, standard design patterns, able to write clear and readable technical documentation in English, …
• Good Linux user skills, since all developments are deployed on Linux servers.
• Basic relational database knowledge (mainly Oracle): able to query existing DBs, extend existing data models when necessary
• Telecom knowledge (SHD, WDM, Voice, SS7) / IP Networks is a plus.