Our client is looking for a SDH – DWDM expert.
To apply please send your WORD CV with your availability and rate expectation to email@example.com
French (mandatory), English (preferred), Dutch (a plus)
Preferably resident of Southern part of Belgium
Contract type: Freelance. Interim payroll also possible
Location: Southern Belgium
Duration: Long term contract
For the SOFICO Project in Belgium, Walloon region, our client operates / maintains the data network (SDH – DWDM) of SOFICO in close collaboration with SPW.
This network is situated in the southern part of Belgium and consists of XX nodes SDH and XX nodes DWDM.
In order to operate / maintain / expand this network, our client is looking for a subject matter expert.
- handling technical queries and giving (telephonic) advice
- participating in incident management service:
- first focus: re-establishing service possibly by means of work around
- collecting logging information
- checking available solutions
- provide solution to the client.
- installations including preparations with end customers or our customer.
- support (remote or on site) for upgrade/updates
- performing upgrade on site.
- participation in 24h*7 emergency service, on call support
- interface to 3th level support
- technical interface to the customer
- reporting to customer
- administration of changes in the network
- involved in planning – strategy of evolution of the network
Required technical competences:
- in depth expert knowledge of SDH products: 1660 SM / 1662 SMC / 1642 EM and 1646 SM
- in depth expert knowledge of DWDM product 1830 PSS
- in depth expert knowledge of OSS product: 1350 OMS management system (release 11 SDH and release 14 DWDM)
- general SDH / DWDM competences
- general Ethernet knowledge
- overview of network and evolution
- project management competences to support project manager
- team player
- good communication in French (mandatory), English (preferred), Dutch(a plus)
- on site visits by means of car will happen, so car / drivers license needed.
- mobile communication : voice and data needed