Our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager for the Program Management Office (PMO) with both good traditional PM experience (PMI/Prince2) and also with the Agile culture which they plan to implement : Prince2Agile, Product Management, Scrum Master etc.
If you are interested please send your WORD CV with daily rate and availability. to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of their global and local transformation, the company wants to move towards agile methodologies while respecting and where possible integrating with existing project management approaches present within the organisation. To ensure a smooth transition, they are looking for a senior project manager, expert in traditional project management and in agile methodologies. The project manager will be part of the PMO team within the Transformation Office.
The Transformation Office (TO) is a temporary structure, as part of our current global and local transformation process. It holds four responsibilities, some of which are temporary in nature (Enterprise Architect) and others which have a more permanent nature (PMO) :
• Enterprise Architect (EA)
• Program Management Office (PMO)
• Monitoring Strategic Alignment
• Support for the Digital Alliance
Scope of the PMO :
Programs and projects should contribute to or fit in the enterprise architecture. PMO supports implementation of these projects :
• It coordinates the demand management
• It provides guidance and project managers to assist the teams deliver the right solutions (scope) on time and within budget (cost).
• It monitors project progress, identifies and understands scope, time and budget deviations, develops mitigating actions together with the project teams, monitors these and informs managers, directors and ComEx in case of continued deviations
• PMO is a center of excellence for our program and project management methods and processes
Scope of the Entreprise Architect :
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the development the enterprise architecture.
The enterprise architecture is:
• based on the Group Architecture Principles
• aligned with the global and local transformations
• the right size for the Belgian Sodexo BRS operations
It aims for the optimal equilibrium between operational excellence and total cost of ownership over its lifetime, i.e. the right functionalities at the correct cost.
Main responsibilities as part of the PMO team within the Transformation Office:
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects. The Project manager may be responsible for managing several transversal projects. The Project manager will be required to play a number of different roles :
• At an enterprise level, leading and managing a limited number of large, complex transversal projects/programs.
• At a project team level, playing a consultative role and act as “servant leader” to help put in place the appropriate people, lean processes, and tools and coaching members of the project team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the team
• In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a lean project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the Project Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, transversal projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Essential Job Requirements :
• Project Planning and Management – Starting from a deep knowledge and understanding of a project management methodology such as Prince2-Agile or PMI, define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value ; define governance/organize and lead project status and working meetings ; prepare and distribute progress reports ; coordinate resource management ; manage risks and issues ; correct deviations from plans (scope/budget/time) ; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Project team Management – Assist in project team development (servant leader) while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work ; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work ; and mentoring and developing team members
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Project team building – promote empowerment of the project team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the project team
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices (such as PRINCE2-Agile and/or PMI) and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects with multi-function teams.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Product Owner, Developers, Business and functional Analysts and other profiles
• Ability to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
Skills Required :
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Microsoft Project and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Fluent in FR/NL/EN