Our client, a leading Belgian telecoms company, is looking for a Splunk expert.
If you are interested please send your WORD format CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your daily rate and availability.
- Join a small team of Networking/IT experts responsible for the network monitoring layer.
- Take day-to-day accountability for the Splunk platform (v6.3 upgrade to V7 soon ) operating cross network security zones.
Made of two forwarders, 6 clustered indexers, 2 times 3 clustered search heads, with the same architectural setup in the lab and UAT.
- Work together with the other Splunk resources to maintain this system (in production and in the lab) and make it evolve according to users requirements: implement specific filtering, dashboards, integrate new data sources or adapt processing for existing ones (e.g. due to software upgrades in the network).
- Deploy newer versions of the various components when appropriate: for bug fixes, to get relevant new features, etc.
- Recommend changes to the architecture when appropriate and implement them once approved.
- Maintain a clear documentation of the whole platform: components, versions, data flows, data sources, etc.
- Interact directly with the users (network operations personnel): capture new requirements and defects into Jira tickets, prioritize these, implement, test, deploy fixes and new features.
– Expert level knowledge of the Splunk suite with ability to define the best suited architecture, install, configure, develop, monitor and troubleshoot the whole platform. More specifically:
– Architecture administration and design (big plus: Splunk Certified Architect certification)
– General Splunk administration (big plus: Splunk Certified Admin certification)
– Searching, reporting and management of data and knowledge objects (big plus: Splunk Certified Power User certification)
– Creation and modification of custom apps
– Optionally: Splunk Enterprise Security
– Programming/scripting experience in Python
– Some level of telecoms and networking skills is a plus since it helps to understand the contents of the data
– Comfortable working in a Linux environment
– Good oral and written communication skills to interact with users and peers
– Fluent in English is mandatory (French or Dutch is a plus)