For our client, a leading telecom company, we are looking for a TETRA C2000 Service Operation Specialist.
If you would be interested in this requirement please send your WORD format CV to email@example.com with your daily rate and availability.
Contract: freelance or interim payroll
Duration: long term
The service engineer is part of a virtual team with members in multiple EU countries and is responsible for the operation, maintenance and support of the Tetra Motorola Network Dimetra 6.2.
- Monitoring, analysis and resolution of all alarms and notifications
- End-user incident analysis and response
- Proactive investigation of potential network faults or alarms to improve preventative network management
- Implementation and optimization of fault diagnostic techniques and processes
- Provide guidance to other on-site staff
- Ensure all applications associated with the network are operating correctly
- Redundancy management and troubleshooting
- Cluster infrastructure management and maintenance
- Ethernet Site Connectivity Support
- Telephone interconnect management and troubleshooting
- Authentication and Encryption management
- Zone configuration management
- Resolve all tickets raised within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Open cases or escalate to the next support level of Tetra engineers.
- Daily check of TETRA system health
- Performance of database backups/restoration as per scheduled or unscheduled requirements.
- Download and installation of security software at the required intervals
- Check and ensure infrastructure spares inventory remains consistent with the system release and support requirements
- Establishment and maintenance of accurate records of all system configuration
- Diagnosis and restoration of faults down to Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level
- Perform site visits to assist site engineers in trouble resolution of complex problems.
- Conduct and/or manage Preventative Maintenance Inspections of the network centre including system component replacement and configuration, database backups, link restoration
- Be willing to do field intervention for complex incidents (refusal is not acceptable)
- Performing System Updates if required
- He/she will be require to work a combination of day and evening shift hours and in some instances weekends.
- Generating system reports based on the Motorola standard tools
- CMDB updates
EXTENT OF CONTACTS AND REPORTING
The Tetra Service Engineer will be under the guidance and management of the designated Technical Support Supervisor. He/she will cooperate with other technical and management functions within customer organisation and the GDC (Nokia’s Global Delivery Centre) to fulfil his/her assignments.
The Tetra Service Engineer will provide input to the GDC decision-making process on technical and operational level.
The applicant must possess the following pre-requisite skills, expertise and knowledge
- System operational solid experience (ideally no less than three (3) years) on Motorola Tetra networks
- Completed three (3) years of college education in the field of electronic engineering or have equivalent civil/military experience
- In-depth understanding of the functions and operation of a TETRA standard and general networking equipment
- Be familiar with the ITIL operational processes.
- Good knowledge and minimum of 3 years of experience on IP & data transmission networks.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills: verbal and written Dutch and English
- Basic knowledge of VHF and radio environment (e.g. SWR measurements)
- Team player
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and used to work in an international stressful environment
- Fundamental technical, electrical and high frequency knowledge
- Valid driver licence B