We are looking for an Datacenter & Service Network Architect for our telecoms client.
If you are interested please send me your WORD format CV, availability and rate to email@example.com
Freelance, long term contract
Datacenter & Service Network Architect
– Design datacenters networks (including Firewalls, routing/switching, Internet Access, network appliances like DNS, Load Balancers, SSL VPNs, …
o High level architecture incl. recovery & dimensioning
o Network security architecture (macro & micro segmentation)
o Overall partner/vendor ecosystem,
o Reflection on organizational structure, skillsets, governance
– Work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for Datacenter & external clouds. Evaluate and report on the evolution strategic benefits, meeting our business objectives and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market).
– Deliver & maintain a tactical 3-5Y Datacenter evolution plan, balance it with the organizational capabilities/specificities and derive from it the impact on the people, customers and processes.
– Evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of automation & infrastructure managed “as a code”. Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other less-experienced members aiding in the automation/softwarization directions
– Anticipate, identify, track and (assist) the resolution of design-related issues and risks
– Follow up the development teams deliveries and in resolving technical problems.
– 6+ years of proven architectural experience in Datacenter (private & external clouds) and skills from Design, Requirements and Reviews
– In depth knowledge & experience with switched network environments, Firewall configuration & management, Load Balancers, TACACS, DNS, SSL VPN, SSL offloading, certificate management & small PKI, IPSEC, MPLS Layer 2, Layer3 VPNs
– Architecture awareness & preferably experience (strong plus) in
o Software defined Telco clouds (network overlays, performance acceleration like SR-IOV or DPDK, service chaining, micro-segmentation, MANO reference model, etc)
o Containerized environments
o large MPLS Backbone & Telco Services connectivity architectures, Voice and Mobile technologies & architecture (SIP, SMPP, SS7, Diameter, …)
– In depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
– Proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation). Experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation (like netconf/YANG, Openconfig, gNMI, REST-API). Proven experience with solutions like (not all) Ansible, Teraform, Cloudformation, CloudForm,Cloudify, etc
– Senior & professional mindset
o Ability to work autonomously with limited set of instructions, to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction and to cope with ambiguity
o Ability to balance cost against benefits, what is strategically right with what is practically realistic. Willingness to be flexible and not to settle for a status quo. Ability to integrate technical solution within broader organizational & business contexts.
o Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence and to create an impact within its organization. Experience presenting Automation technology concepts to business and technical teams. Ability to express leadership on distributed technical teams.
– Resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
– Passionate about technology & relations between technology and business
– Strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and can do
– Fluent in English (written and spoken)
– Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment